To take a broader look at the question of whether it is worth buying an electric scooter for an adult or child, let’s look at its main pros and cons.
- You can quickly get to the desired point in the city without traffic jams.
- When folded, a scooter will easily fit in the trunk and will not take up much storage space.
- Low weight. Some adult models weigh only 7-8 kg.
- There still some costs related to an electric scooter, which are much lower than car maintenance.
- Easy operation. Even a child can cope.
- One of the most inexpensive and convenient types of electric transport.
- They are used mainly in warm season.
- Small wheels. The wheel diameter of most scooters is only 8-10 inches, which affects riding comfort.
- No trunk. Although there are also models with a basket.
How to choose the right electric scooter
There are several parameters, consider them in turn.
- Frame construction. Folding models are convenient to take in the subway and public transport, as well as to transport in the trunk. Pay attention to the iScooter Electric scooters with a frame that doesn’t fold are more rigid and better controlled.
- Shock absorbers. If the quality of the road surface leaves much to be desired, shock absorbers will make the trip more comfortable and will protect the joints of the hands.
- Power reserve. Estimate the distance you want to drive on a single charge, and make sure that the power reserve exceeds this value.
- Power and maximum speed. The higher the power, the higher the maximum speed. To ride in the park at speeds up to 25 km/h, a 250-watt engine is enough, and to quickly enter steep climbs, 1000 watts or more will be required.
Now you can choose for yourself the best electric scooter on the market.